This recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 60 pieces
|1||Cup||Cream of Wheat or Suji|
|1||Cup||Chickpea Flour or Besan|
|1||Cup||Unsweetened Coconut Flakes|
|2||Tsp||Ground Cardamom Powder|
|1/2||Cup||Clarified or Unsalted Butter|
|1||Can||Sweetened Condensed Milk (preferably low fat)|
How to Prepare:
- Roast Cream of Wheat in a 1/4 cup of ghee on medium heat until it is golden brown and then set aside.
- Roast Besan in a 1/4 cup of ghee on medium heat until it is golden brown.
- Add Coconut to Roasted Besan and roast again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Cream of Wheat, cashews and almond powder. Turn off the heat.
- Add Condensed Milk.
- Mix it well.
- Add Vermicelli and Cardamom Powder.
- Spread it evenly in a 9×11″ pan. Smooth it out. Ghee will appear on surface.
- Garnish with Shredded Pistachios and Almonds.
- Let it sit for 6 hours to cool.
- Cut into 1 inch square pieces.
- It makes approximately 60 pieces.
- Vermicelli and Grated Coconut Flakes are readily available in an Indian Store near you.
- This sweet dish is easy to make beforehand and lasts for 15 to 20 days.
Submitted by Vasu Patel