Delicacy Sweets From West Bengal, India
West Bengal is very famous for its delicacy sweets. One of my favourite sweets growing up was Misti Dahi. No need to say that was one of my love affairs with yogurt, that explains it is very hard for me to be vegan completely. Looking back this was a healthy dessert.
Healthy Alternative To Cheesecake
Misti Dahi is creamy and velvety smooth. It is very similar to a cheesecake. I love to make MISTI DAHI as well as cheese cake without the eggs.
How To Make Misti Dahi
Bake time 3 hours
chill in refrigerator over night
How to prepare:
- Mix the condense milk, yogurt and rose water in a bowl.
- Whisk till mixture becomes smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally into the earthen bowls.
- Cover the bowls with aluminum foils.
- Place the oven rack in middle of the oven.
- Heat the oven on low setting of 75 degrees.
- keep the bowls in the oven for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg, pistachio, or choice of your fruit. Enjoy!