Rice dishes are popular all over the world, especially in Asia where the rice is flavorful and aromatic. In India, Basmati Rice is famous for its long grain kernels. This recipe is made with basmati rice, but any kind will work as well. Pullav (also known as pilaf) is a dish available in all Indian restaurants. Biryani is known for being served to all the kings and queens because it has rich ingredients like nuts and saffron. This is my simple version of Biryani Made Easy.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan, Gluten free
Difficulty Level: Easy
|3||Tbsp||Oil or Clear Butter|
|1||Cup||Cut Green Beans, Carrots, Peas, etc|
|1||Cup||Cooked Navy/Black beans|
|To Taste||Green Chili|
|Garam Masala (optional)|
- Wash rice well and soak for one hour.
- Heat oil, then add spices and fry them.
- Add veggies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add drained navy beans, rice, and 6 cups of water. Stir and mix well.
- Stir frequently, bringing to a boil over high heat. Then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with cashews, raisins, bell peppers, and/or onion rings.
- This dish goes well with soup, curry, raita.
- Bell peppers of different colors, cauliflower, and/or broccoli can be added for more vegetable options.