Quick and Easy vegan Cauliflower, potatoes Curry/Subji
This Indian traditional recipe is full of fiber and infused with cumin, turmeric and chili flavors.
- 2 cup washed and cut cauliflower florets small
- 1 cup washed and cut potatoes cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup washed and cut tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala optional
- 2 pc cinnamon sticks optional
- 2-3 cloves optional
- cilantro to garnish
|cauliflower,peas and potatoes in a wok|
- How to prepare
- In a microwave boil cut cubed potatoes for 2-3 minutes with little water. Set aside.
- In a wok on medium heat add oil. Add cinnamon sticks,cloves, mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once it sizzles add cauliflower and stir.
- Drain water, add potatoes, peas and stir gently upside down.
- Add salt, turmeric, chili flakes , coriander and cumin powder. If you prefer more heat sprinkle garam masala sparingly. Stir gently making sure spice and vegetables blends evenly. Cover and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes or fold in tomatoes,
- Add cut tomatoes stir and cover. Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice various dals or rotis.
Enjoy the flavor! How did you like the dish let me know in your comments!