Spinach has the goodness of fresh vegetables and is one of my favorites. Baby spinach leaves are easy to cook to make a quick and simple dish that is ready in minutes. A variety of spinach dishes can be served with Indian breads and rice dishes.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Cooking Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
|1||Package||Baby Spinach, washed, chopped & drained|
|1||Medium||Onion, cut & chopped|
|Salt to taste|
|2||Tsp||Coriander & Cumin Powder|
How to Prepare:
- In a wok or a pan add oil on medium heat. Add crushed garlic and onions and fry them until they are soft and tender.
- Add spinach and spices, baking powder and salt. Sauté spinach for 3-4 minutes. Spinach will be tender and change color as it releases water.
- Add tomato paste and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Heavy cream can be added for a very rich taste.
- For another variation, peas can be added.
- If it is too watery, 1-2 tsp of plain flour can be added to soak up the extra water.