Oatmeal with Corn
Corn is high in nutrients, which is beneficial over-all to good health. It is rich in Vitamin B1 (which is used in the metabolism of carbohydrates), Vitamin B5 (which helps with physiological functions), Folate (that helps generating new cells) and Vitamin C (which helps fight diseases). Corn is a must in our diet. It is high in fiber which helps lower cholesterol levels. Below is a delicious and very easy side dish made with oatmeal.
Healthy oatmeal is always good in the morning for breakfast. Here, I have tried it for lunch with spices and corn. I am sure you will like it, too.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan (if you use water instead of yogurt)
How To Prepare:
- In a sauce pan add Olive Oil on medium heat.
- Add Instant Oatmeal, Ginger and Chili.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 Cup Yogurt & 1/4 Water together.
- Add Salt and Corn/Peas and 1/2 cup of Yogurt & Water mixture.
- Simmer for 2 more minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Add cilantro and Quick Oatmeal is ready to eat.