I’m a fan of CHOW recipes and loved the Pickled Radish and Sweet Butter Tea Sandwich
. It reminded me of the Original Bombay Sandwich that I would enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack.
Original Bombay Sandwich
Good thing about sandwiches are that you can make layers of different kind of vegetables and spreads. Here I have spreads as cilantro chutney which is flavorful, made from scratch. I have layered with boiled potatoes, beets, crunchy raw onions and cucumbers, sprinkled with sandwich masala. Butter, chutney and ketchup are used as spreads. Which gives spicy, tangy and sweet taste that is unique to Bombay sandwich.
- 8 Slices of white bread I prefer pepperidge farm bread thin slices. Remove the edges.
- 1 Small garden cucumber cut into round pieces
- 2 Medium firm tomatoes cut into round pieces
- 1 Medium red onions cut into round pieces
- 1 Boiled beet and cut into round slices
- 2 Medium boiled potatoes cut into round slices
- 1/2 Stick of room temperature butter
- 5 spoons of ketchup optional
- Small bowl of green cilantro chutney
- Salt and Pepper or Sandwich Masala or chat Masala
Slices of vegetables and Spreads
How to Make:
- Apply butter on four slices.
- Second layer will be chutney spread all over so it covers all the corners.
- Third layer will ketchup if desired.
- Cover with cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, onions and beets on top of one another.
- Sprinkle chat masala on in between each layer.
- Cover with another slices and cut diagonally or into three pieces.