prep time 30 Min’s
4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
3 medium tomatoes cut
salt to taste
2 cup water
few curry leaves
3 sticks of Cinnamon
1tsp mustard seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
pinch of astofedia
1tsp red chili powder
garam masla optional
1tsp lemon juice
How to make:
1. Peel and cut potatoes in water so it does not get black. set aside.
2. In a pan heat the oil on a medium heat.
3. Add mustard seed and cumin ,Cinnamon and cloves.
4. once mustard seeds start pop up right away add astofedia and add potatoes.
5. let it cook for 7-8 Min’s. Add salt curry leaves spices and tomatoes.
6. Add sugar lemon juice. Cook for few Min’s more till the colour and texture changes.
7. Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle garam masla if desired.
Tips: Can tomatoes can be used. Serve with rice , roti or even pita bread.
Curry is a staple dish always made freshly in most of the Indian house holds.
I think you will enjoy as much as they do.