Mung beans are the perfect healthy vegetarian protein. They are light on the stomach and have great nutritional value. Read more about the health benefits of Mung Beans at the end of the recipe.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
|Salt to Taste|
|1||Tsp||Red Chili Powder|
|4-5||Pieces||Kokam or Lemon Juice & Dried Mango Pieces|
|Ginger, chopped or Paste
|Cilantro to Garnish|
- The best way to make lentil beans is to use a pressure cooker.
- Wash mung beans thoroughly 2-3 times in luke warm water.
- If you have a pressure cooker, you can use it to boil the beans.
- Cook beans for 15-20 minutes until they are tender. It may be necessary to add more water.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil.
- Add spices and boiled mung beans.
- Add all of the remaining spices, lemon juice and tomato.
- Let it simmer in for 5 minutes on low heat.
- When washing mung beans you can add few Fenugreek seeds.
Health & Nutrition Benefits Of Eating Green Beans
- Mung bean sprouts contain rich quantities of Vitamin A, B, C and E. They are also known to be an excellent source of many minerals, such as calcium, iron and potassium.
- The bean is popular as the perfect food for reducing weight. It is recommended as a food replacement in many slimming programs, as it has a very low fat content. It is a rich source of protein and fiber, which helps one to lower the high cholesterol level in the blood system.
- The high fiber content of mung beans yields complex carbohydrates, which aid digestion. Complex carbs are also effective in stabilizing blood sugar and prevent its rapid rise after meal consumption, apart from keeping body’s energy at a balanced level. Those who suffer from diabetes or high cholesterol are recommended frequent consumption of mung bean.
- In Chinese medicine, mung bean sprouts are considered as a cooling food, containing anti-cancer properties. Herbalists use them for all hot, inflammatory conditions, ranging from systematic infections to heat stroke and even hypertension.
Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! I love to hear from my readers!
Join my Newsletter here to be notified when a New Recipe has posted and receive a Healthy Cooking Tip right in your inbox!