Vegan Cole slaw
RAW FOOD: INDIAN COLE SLAW
Cabbage is one of the healthiest vegetables. It is full of vitamins and anti oxidants.
This is a simple quick recipe of cabbage you will sure to love.
1/4 small head of green cabbage
1 fresh green Serrano chiles, seeded
1/4 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 tbsp of dry peanuts crushed
2 tbsp of fresh cilantro chopped finely
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
How to prepare:
1. Place the half cabbage on cutting board. Remove the core and tough rib from the cabbage.
2. Slice as thin as possible and place it in a large bowl.
3. Slice the chiles and red bell pepper into thin strips.
4. Add them into a bowl.
5. Add salt, lime juice, cilantro and ground peanuts powder.
6. Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add mustard seeds and let it pop about 30 seconds.
7. Remove the skillet from heat and add turmeric.
8. Pour the heated oil over the mixture of cabbage. It is a good idea to wipe clean the oil from skillet with little cabbage shreds.
9. Mix the cabbage evenly so it coats every shred with mustard and oil.
This Nutty, citrus flavor slaw is ideal as salad course or as an accompaniment to traditional meal.
Carrots, red cabbage can be added at any time.
Have you tried any other way Cabbage salad , let me know in your comments!