1. Dates do not have cholesterol in them and they contain very less fat in them. Moreover, they are extremely rich in minerals as well as vitamins.
2. Dates are extremely rich source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5. They also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
3. Dates help in improving the digestive system as it is loaded with insoluble as well as fibers. Dates also have amino acids in them which is also good for the digestive system.
4. Dates are excellent source of energy as they have natural food based sugar like glucose, fructose and sucrose. For added benefits add milk and dates for an even more nutritious food. Dates are also very low in calories hence they are also beneficial for those trying to lose weight.
5. If you are facing constipation then soak dates all night long and have it in the morning after along with water for easy bowel movements.
6. It is also said to increase libido. Soak a fistful of dates in goat’s milk the night before. The next morning mash the dates in the milk and (add honey to it for taste) drink the same.
7. Dates are also rich in potassium and they have very less sodium in it. This is extremely beneficial for the nervous system. Studies have indicated that having potassium rich foods can reduce the risk of strokes to a great extend. Dates are also helpful in reducing the LDL cholesterol.
8. Dates are very good for alcoholic inebriation.
9. The amount of iron is dates are very high and it is helpful in curing anemia. Those having iron deficiency can eat dates everyday for better health. Dates also have fluorine that reduces tooth decay.
10. Dates are helpful in treating abdominal cancer. The best part about having dates is that it is a completely natural food and nutritional supplement with no side effects. Dates are also known to improve the eye sight and it helps treating night blindness also.