In India, the state of Gujarat is very famous for its meals. Gujarati people are very fond of different flavors. Their meals contain a variety of dishes that, according to your taste, can be sweet, sour or spicy. They also have tantalizing relishes and refreshing papadum. One of the most famous dishes is a yogurt soup is known as Gujarati Kadhi. It is known for its help in digestion. It is made from buttermilk. The traditional buttermilk is a little sour as it is made from the residual fluid that is left after the butter is churned. It is said that it has the highest amount of prebiotics or healthy bacteria. It replenishes the body with essential nutrients. Buttermilk is regarded as one of the best healing-agent foods. Nowadays we don’t make butter at home so we can use plain yogurt with water instead. Plain buttermilk can be drank as source of healthy prebiotics. Kadhi can be made from plain yogurt and water. For refreshing buttermilk you need fresh yogurt. For Kadhi, old yogurt works better.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
|3||TBsp||Chick-Pea Flour or Gram Flour|
|Few||Pieces||Salerno Chili Pepper|
|Salt to taste|
|Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves to Garnish|
How To Prepare:
- Mix the yogurt, water and flour and blend with hand blender.
- Add salt to the mixture and bring it to a boil, stirring continuously on medium heat.
- Let it simmer for ten minutes. Add ginger and chili pepper and curry patta.
- In a small frying pan heat the ghee or oil. Add cumin, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, cloves and astofedia.
- Spices will turn little brown. Use them and the cilantro to garnish the soup.
This soup is very tasty with khichadi. It is the perfect meal for any night. Yum!