Cooking Level: Intermediate
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Type: Jain (omit ginger, garlic and onion) & Gluten Free
|2||Cups||Paneer- Indian cottage cheese that can be made at home|
|or store-bought. Fried paneer is also available at some|
|grocery stores. If it is in a bar, cut the bar into small
cubes as shown in the picture.
|1||Cup||1 cup frozen thawed peas|
|Salt to taste|
|1||Tsp||Green Chili Paste|
|1||Small Chopped Onion|
How To Prepare:
- Soak all the spices including cashews/almonds in a half cup of water for about half an hour.
- You can add onion, ginger, garlic and tomatoes (omit if Jain Recipe) to spice and nut mixture.
- Blend mixture in a blender and set aside.
- In a skillet on medium heat, fry the paneer cubes until golden brown.
- Take them out and set aside.
- In the same skillet, fry the spice, nut, onion, garlic and tomato mixture.
- Add peas and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried paneer and simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium-low heat.
Tips: It is a very good idea to make this recipe a couple of hours ahead so paneer can soak in some gravy until it settles. I like to serve it with rice and warm tortillas.