From college students to parents, noodles are a staple of dinner. There’s a reason for this: noodles are easy! If you can boil water, you can prepare pasta.
And you don’t need to plan ahead, as long as you have some kind of noodles and vegetables at home. In the recipe below, I have included a mix of my favorite vegetables, but feel free to substitute other veggies that work well for stir fry. If you don’t have time to run out to the store, you can make it with other stir-fry-friendly veggies. The versatility of this dish makes it the perfect on-the-go dish for on-the-go people.
This Quick Stir Fry Noodles recipe offers the ease of plain noodles but with a little something extra. The ingredients amp up nutrition and provide a well-rounded feast full of flavor. It’s a dish so good your kids will eat their veggies without hours of protest.
Time : 30 minutes Serves : 4
Quick Stir Fry Noodles
8 ounces of noodles – any kind can be used from spaghetti to quinoa-based
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced white cabbage
1 cup sliced red cabbage
1 zucchini, diced
1 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tbsp of reduced sodium soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 tbsp of Sambal Oelek chili sauce
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 bunch scallion
1 cup tofu cubes, sauteed
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Then drain well, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger, scallions, cabbage, squash, zucchini, and bell pepper.
- Cook and stir frequently until tender.
- Add chili paste and soy sauce, then stir.
- Combine veggies with pasta and serve immediately.
- Garnish with cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- This dish is great when you need to be fast. It’s full of fine flavors and good health that lasts!