This is a great recipe for any season. It is versatile with many fruits. Here, I’ve used mostly pears, apples and cherries.
Cooking Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Assembly Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan
|6||Peeled & Sliced Fresh Pears or Apples|
|1/2||Cup||Pitted Fresh or Dried Cherries|
|1/2||Cup||Packed Brown Sugar|
|1/3||Cup||Toasted Chopped Pecans|
|3/4||Cup||Old Fashioned Oats|
How to Prepare:
- Combine apples or pears, cherries and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside so it won’t go black.
- In a different bowl, combine vanilla, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Gently mix pears or apples with the cornstarch mixture.
- Let it sit for an hour or two.
- For the Topping, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add butter.
- Mix it well and set aside.
- After refrigeration, place apple or pear mixture in a small 9 inch baking dish.
- Garnish with oat topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- When it starts to bubble or turn golden brown, it is ready to eat.