Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan, Gluten Free
Difficulty Level: Easy
|1||Tsp||Ginger & Green Chili Paste|
|2||Tbsp||Coriander & Cumin Powder|
|1||Tsp||Red Chili Powder|
- Soak lentils for 2 hours.
- In a pan, cook lentils for a good 20 minutes, maybe more if they were not soaked and they may need more water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a separate pan on medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add ginger, chili, salt and spices. Add the tomatoes also.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes until the water is thickened.
- Garnish with cilantro, chives and sour cream on top.
- This a healthy treat for your family.
- It is tasty and everyone loves this soup in my cooking class.
- It is good with roti, Naan, bread and tastes great with plain rice also.