Papaya is easily available all over India and Thailand. One of my favourite salads is made with papaya. It is healthy, tasty, and adds an exotic flavour to any meal. I’d like to share my version of the traditional Indian way of making papaya salad. It is low in fat, packed with antioxidants, and high in vitamins.
Cooking Difficulty Level: Easy
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Recipe Type: Vegan
|1||Small Slice||Green Papaya (check freshness by denting
with fingernail–milk should ooze out)
|1||Small||Green Chili cut into pieces lengthwise|
|Salt to Taste|
|Fresh Chopped Cilantro|
How to prepare:
- Wash papaya well. Peel and grate with a grater.
- Add sugar, salt, and lemon juice, and mix together.
- In a small butter warmer, add oil on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, green chilli, Asafoetida and turmeric.
- Add the mixture on top of grated papaya. Add cilantro.
- Mix well and serve.
Tip: Green papaya is available in an Asian store near you.