Enchiladas are an all-time favorite!! Easy to make and healthy it can be. To make fun try to involve kids and family members too. I am pretty sure they will enjoy making it. Enchilada filling and sauce vary from recipe to recipe. Here is a quick recipe. Omit the cheese for a Vegan version.
Recipe type: AO = Antioxidant DF = Dairy Free GF = Gluten Free HF = High Fiber HP = High Protein, LS = Low Sugar, V= Vegan
Cooking level: Very easy
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Assemble time: 10 minutes
8-10 corn tortillas
2 tbsp of canola oil
Taco seasoning 1.5 oz (As per your taste)
One can 15 oz black beans
One small zucchini diced
One small onion diced
One small yellow squash
Few tofu small pieces
Red and Green bell pepper
Small amount of corn kernels
Tomato sauce 8 oz
1 and 1/2 cup of water
Enchilada sauce mix 1.5 oz
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese (omit for vegan version)
One Can of black beans
Black Olives and Spring onions for garnishing
1. For Enchilada sauce: In a medium pan, add water with tomato sauce and according to your taste add enchilada mix seasoning. Bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes on a medium high heat. Set aside.
2. For the filling: In another pan or microwave-safe bowl. Add black beans rinsed and drained, add green and red bell pepper, corn, zucchini, and squash. Per your choice, you may add more vegetables. Add taco seasoning per your taste and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes and mix it well. Set aside
3. In a skillet on medium heat, apply oil on both sides of the tortilla to make it soft so it doesn’t crumble when you roll it. Please do not deep fry the tortilla.
4. Fill the mixture of enchilada filling in the middle of the tortilla and roll it as shown in the picture.
5. Pour the enchilada sauce over the tortilla enough to cover the edges of the tortilla.
6. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, black olives, and Spring onions.
7. Microwave the tortilla with its filling and sauce for 1-2 minutes.
8. Serve it with guacamole, salsa, lettuce, and tomatoes. https://thevegfusion.com/2009/05/salsa-mexican.html
Please try to make it at home and feel free to give your valuable suggestions and comments.