If you are looking for a hearty healthy soup, this one’s for you. Make a batch on Sunday night and pack in single serving size storage containers to have ready to take to work for lunch or ready for an afternoon snack.
Cooking Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Cooking Difficulty Level: Medium
Serves: Five 2 Cup Servings
|1||Package/Bunch||Frozen or Fresh Broccoli, chopped|
|1 1/2||TBsp||Olive Oil|
|1||Medium||Yellow Onion, chopped|
|2||Medium||Russet Potatoes, peeled & cubed|
|2||Cups||Low Fat Milk|
How To Prepare:
- Heat oil in saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring and cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli, chopped potatoes, vegetable stock and water to saucepan.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Strain the soup, keeping the liquid.
- In a blender or food processor, mix broccoli mixture until smooth.
- Return mixture and liquid to pan.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
Nutrition Data for 1/2 Cup Serving.
Multiply for Personal Serving Size.