Vegan – Gluten Free Squash Spaghetti
Summer will be over before we know it! But, thankfully for our taste buds, autumn bring lots of vegetables. Our garden and supermarkets overflow with varieties of squash. Cooking with squash is something you may fall in love with! I know I did – I’ve tried for the first time spaghetti squash. This squash is an oblong seed-bearing variety of winter squash. The fruit can be ivory to orange in color. It has large seeds.
Prep time:25 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
Perfectly Vegan and Gluten-free pasta
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few capers
How to prepare:
1. Cut the squash into four pieces.
2. Take the seeds and membrane out of squash.
Squash cut into four pieces
3. Bake the squash in the oven for 20 minutes at the temperature of 200 degrees.
4. With the help of a fork, scoop the spaghetti out. It comes out naturally in delicate ribbons.
5. In a wok on a medium-high heat, add oil.
6. Add onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, capers salt, pepper, and pesto sauce.
7. Stir-fry all the ingredients gently for 3-4 minutes.
8. Fold in the spaghetti with vegetables. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes more till it is properly mixed.
Spaghetti squash is easy to fix – a nutritious, delicious dinner-time dish!