Zucchini pasta is a gluten free, vegan pasta. It’s great for kids who are picky eaters. Zucchini has lots of vitamins. It is low in calories and contains no saturated fats. This makes it ideal for people who are watching their weight.
I’ve tried zucchini pasta with different sauces and ingredients and every time it tastes great. My favorite one is the pesto sauce recipe is below.
Prep time : Ten minutes
Cook time : Five minutes
- 2 Fresh Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp Pesto sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Black beans from can (rinsed and drained)
- Mandoline peeler to make ribbons of pasta
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
How To Prepare:
1. Wash and clean fresh zucchini. Cut both the ends off.
2. To make Zucchini pasta, use a spiral mandoline to transform the zucchini into delicate thin ribbons.
3. No need to cook zucchini in the oven. Squeeze out excess water with a cheesecloth.
4. In a wok on medium heat, add olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Add pesto sauce, black beans and Saute’ for a couple of minutes.
6. Garnish with sunflower seeds for the crunch.
Zucchini pasta is low in calories and fat. If you’re watching your weight, you can not top that!
Yummy Low carb Pasta
How did your pasta turn out? Let me know in your comments!
Try carb free gluten free my Spaghetti Squash pasta recipe!