This salad is must at my Thanksgiving dinner. I had a family reunion at my place and this salad was a big hit. My daughter tried to make it and she said it came out exactly perfect.
|1||Bag||Ready Spring Mix Salad|
|1||Small||Pear (red are sweet)|
|Sprinkle||Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette|
|Salt to taste|
|Pepper to taste|
How to Prepare:
- Wash salad spring mix by rinsing in water and letting it dry for a couple of hours on a towel.
- Cube tomato and cucumber and pear.
- Peel and cube orange.
- Toss in spring mix the tomato, cucumber, orange, dried cranberry, pecans, cheese and pear.
- Mix it thoroughly and sprinkle with a little bit of oil vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
- Spring mix is readily available.
- Sweet pecans are available in the store, also. Otherwise, in a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat, stir in 1 cup pecan halves and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Cook and stir until pecans are toasted and coated with sugar.
- Plain pecans work just as well as the sugar-coated ones.